Friday, January 23, 2009

UFO-Hefewizen

Oh, the joys of wheat beers. I think they might be my favorite. I really do. With or without a lemon, wheat beers are still excellent.

This Hefeweizen (hefe=yeast, weizen=wheat in German) was generously purchased for me by my wife. I think she got it at the local Publix Supermarket, but I'm not positive. It's brewed by Harpoon Brewery out of Boston. Here's the link to the UFO Hefeweizen itself: UFO.

I love ice cold beers when it is roaring hot outside (in Florida that's very common), but my wife bought these during a cold front when our mornings were in the mid 30's and temps didn't get out of the 50's during the peak of the day. The UFO was just as good when it was what us Florida cold wimps call farggin freezing outside. Hey, there was frost on the ground, OK?

The brewery suggests it be served with spicy foods and I can account for that. I had it with wonderfully homemade green chili enchiladas. Simply the best. So, go out and find yourself some UFO, a lemon and a telescope and search the skies for some aliens while you enjoy a tall cool one...even in the middle of winter. Hats off!

No comments: