Friday, January 16, 2009

Full Moon

There's some wonderful things other than the changes in weather when it comes to different seasons, especially for those of us in Florida (we don't have a winter). Seasonal beers!

Full Moon is brewed by the Blue Moon Brewing Co. out of Golden, CO. Since I've lived in the Denver area for 7 years of my life and the only brewery I am aware of in Golden is Coors, there's a pretty darn good chance (and I think I'm right about this) that Blue Moon is owned by Coors. It really doesn't matter though because both Blue Moon and the winter brew, Full Moon, are quite tasty treats.

Full Moon has tasted excellent in both a frosty mug with a lemon or orange slice and right out of the bottle without a piece of citrus. I was immensely pleased, especially since the price was right. It's easy to find this beer in my local grocery store even 1800 miles away from its source.

There was no aftertaste for this very dark amber beer. It went well with grilled foods, soup, pasta and when I was just generally thirsty for a tall cool one. Can you tell I was very pleased? Rumor has it that they are going to toy around with the recipe for next year. That's not always a good thing when you have a good thing going, but the brewery hasn't let me down yet.

No comments: