Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dolphins



Dolphins love playing. They just do. A few weeks ago, prior to going to Chicago, I was in the St. Simons, GA area (Jekyll Island) seining for crabs, fish and whatnot with my wife's cousin, Towny. Both of our families were there. All 8 of us got to swim with three bottle nose dolphins in the wild. This was no "pay $100 per person to swim with tamed animals at Sea World" experience. These dolphins stole fish from our nets, swam within 3 feet of us (even when I was neck deep in the Atlantic Ocean) and even hung around to play when we were done fishing. It was truly one of the most fascinating experiences of my life. On top of that, my wife got bit by a squid. NO JOKE!

Yes, that's me pulling the net. Yes, the video quality isn't the greatest, but frankly...I don't care.

No comments: